NOVEMBER GLOBETROTTER PACK
"Delicious cheeses from around the world"
Old world cheese, that is a term used to describe cheeses with a lot of history. Often originating from around Europe where cheesemaking has been a thing for a long time. International cheeses can therefore be argued to be a part of time travel and in these times a way to travel around - with your cheesebuds! November is here, and so are holidays for some and for many, Christmas preparation time! Even more, the reason to get hold of some great international cheeses, travel from the comfort of your home, give yourself a break from Christmas preparations and taste traditions that have survived for centuries! Like the Osseau Iraty, that is thought to backdate to the time of the Roman Empire!
Why you should order this month’s Globetrotter Pack
The November Globetrotter Pack showcase a decorated selection of cheeses from France, Italy and of course a representative from our own backyard! One of these cheeses have been indulged for a long time, and dubbed the favourite of French royalty! Another one said to be one of the very first cheeses - ever made! You get it, this is a pretty awesome selection of international cheeses!
November 2020 Globetrotter cheese*:
The pack includes a hard, soft, stinky, and blue cheese selected by our cheesemongers from around the world for you to enjoy.
SOFT - Le Dauphin
Petite Double Creme, Will Studd Selected, France
Le Dauphin Petite Double Creme is made in the Bourgogne region of France, not far from the home of Champagne. Like its famous sparkling cousin, it is hand made using a recipe dating back to monastic times. A long overnight lactic fermentation added cream traditional surface moulds, and the wooden box is just some of the reasons this ‘Little Prince ‘ is sure to please. Serve at room temperature – with bubbles!
HARD - Ossau Iraty, Onetik, France
Onetik takes its sheep’s milk from a Basque dairy co-operative, supporting over 150 sheep milk farmers from the remotest parts of the region, and in doing so helping to preserve its historic pasturelands and the generational shepherds of the steep slopes of the Pyrenees. We’d say that’s a tradition worth fighting for.
STINKY - Night Walker, Stone & Crow, Australia
Imagine you are out on a nighttime bushwalk with a group of your best mates. One of these mates just so happens to be one of Australia’s top cheesemakers. You stop for a break and your cheesemaker mate surprises you all with a nighttime snack that is his brand new washed rind cheese. Well, this is exactly what happened when Jack Holman, head cheese at Stone & Crow, went out on his seasonal night bushwalk with his mates! Jack decided to take his new cheese and named it ‘Night Walker’ and now takes it along for each night walk. We all need a mate like Jack!
BLUE - Gorgonzola Piccante, Mauri, Italy
It wasn’t until 1920 that Emilio Mauri recognised the high-quality milk of the Lombardy region was prime for cheese making. This region was already famous for its Taleggio and Gorgonzola. Emilio merely carried on the tradition and left behind his legacy of one of the highest regarded cheeses in the region. To this day, the cheeses are ripened deep within caves of Valsassina leading to a damp, dark and mould growth that excited all blue lovers.
Tasting Notes and Pairing Suggestions
Each pack includes one of each cheese, accompanying tasting notes and suggested wine and food pairings. If a promoted cheese is unavailable for some reason, we will replace it with another great cheese.
* Cheeses may change without notice if they become unavailable. In this case, we will substitute with another great cheese.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
About Cheese Club
For over four years, our Cheese Club has delivered to cheese lovers across Australia every month. You can sit, relax and enjoy a moment together (even virtually now) and explore new tastes, traditions, styles and stories. A cheese tasting is the time to reconnect and take a break to savour the moment. Our Cheese Club subscription is the perfect gift to treat yourself or someone you love!
Each month we select and send an incredible range of special international and Australian cheeses to our members - often you cannot find these cheeses in shops. Our cheese packs showcase handcrafted, creative cheeses that celebrate the very best skills in this centuries-old industry. We have often trudged miles to find cheese in a remote or rural place, for you and for the love of cheese!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Each cheese weighs approx. 150g-200g. Sometimes we will find a brilliant or rare cheese that weighs less that we just want to showcase to you.
- Every month we will deliver incredible cheeses from around the world, direct to your door. All handmade by artisan makers.
- Subscriptions are sent second week of the month. If you would like us to delay your pack, please let us know. If you join our Cheese Club later in the month, we will send when we receive your order, unless sold out - in which case, your pack will be rolled into the next month.
- Your subscription is a minimum of 3 deliveries. You can skip months or change address at any time - just let us know. Our customer service team can assist you with any enquiries you have via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The majority of deliveries around the country are sent via Home Delivery Service that transports in refrigerated vehicles. Further to reach places in Australia, parcels are sent via Australia Post - Express delivery in food-safe insulation with ice packs that keeps cool and fresh. More details about delivery can be found here.
- Cost of shipping is $15 and this will be added to your order on checkout.