St Mary's House of Welcome Pack
"This cheese helps people who are chronically homeless or disadvantaged"
Our JANUARY offering
$15 from every pack goes to St Mary's
House of Welcome
What is St Mary’s House of Welcome?
Established in the 1960s by the Daughters of Charity, St Mary’s House of Welcome keep their doors wide open for those in need. They help those who are chronically homeless, suffering poverty, mental health issues or are isolated and social marginalised.
A range of services is available, amongst them their meals program. We at Cheese Therapy support this great cause which during the financial year of 19/20 provided over 81,000 meals. With your help, we hope to raise more funding so even more meals can be provided for those in need.
With this purpose in mind, we have curated this special box of cheese. For every one of them sold, $15 will go directly to the meal program at St Mary’s House of Welcome. This is your chance to enjoy some delicious Australian cheese, supporting our great artisan cheesemakers and a great cause - Australians helping Australians!
What are the cheeses?
There are two offerings of the St Mary's House of Welcome; Australian Cheese Pack and International Cheese Pack. These packs change each month so buy every month and support a great cause.
This month’s Australian cheese*:
HARD - Monforte, Section 28 | South Australia
SOFT - Labneh, Grandvewe | Tasmania
STINKY - Gough's Bay Brie, Milawa | Victoria
BLUE - Bolte's Bonanza, Apostle Whey | Victoria
This month’s International cheese*:
HARD - Collina Veneta, San Rocco | Italy
SOFT - Goat Camembert, Milawa | Australia
STINKY - Fleuri, L'Artisan | Australia
BLUE - Organic Hand Ladled Stilton, Cropwell Bishop | England
Each pack includes each cheese listed above, plus accompanying tasting notes for wine and food pairings.
* Cheeses may change without notice if they become unavailable. In this case, we will substitute with another great cheese.
Add on The Grazing Box
The Grazing Box includes four great artisan products to add more life to your cheeseboard. Each item has been specially selected to complement each of the cheeses and support four small artisan makers. In the Grazing Box there is:
- Fleur Lavosh by Silver Tongue
- Marinated Baby Figs by Far Meadows Lodge
- Raspberry & Chilli Dark Chocolate by Kokopod
- Quince Paste and Pear & Pink Pepper Paste by Ugly Duck Fine Foods
Join our St Mary's House of Welcome Club!
- Four delicious cheeses that change each month.
- Tasting notes and serving suggestions.
- Discounts and special member-only cheese offers.
Please note, there is a 3 month minimum for cheese club subscription.
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Each cheese weighs approx. 150g-200g. Sometimes we will find a brilliant or rare cheese that weighs less that we just want to showcase to you.
- Packs are processed and posted within 7 days of ordering, unless it is a pre-order. If you would like us to delay your pack, please let us know. If there are any delays with your order, you will be sent an email to notify you.
We delivered to most of the country via refrigerated vehicles through Home Delivery Service. We no longer deliver through Australia Post due to unreliability. More details about delivery and where we deliver to can be found here.
- Cost of shipping is $15 and this will be added to your order on checkout.