"The ultimate comfort cheese"
Milk | Vegetarian
Just imagine, your own wheel of Manchego, all to yourself! The ultimate comfort wheel of cheese that you can simply pick at whenever you want, wherever you want. Let's face it. No one is around to judge anymore! Cuddle up to it on the couch. It won't judge you. Seriously, it's the ultimate companion.
Manchego has a history centuries old with a recipe handed down over the generations. Famous Tasmanian cheesemaker, Grandvewe, is making some of this country's best versions. Called Primavera, it the perfect thing to have in the fridge. The only decision is whether you get half a wheel or a whole!
Who is Grandvewe?
Grandvewe is situated 40mins due South of Hobart overlooking the calm waters between Bruny Island and the "mainland" (as mainland as Tasmania can get). This family run farm and cheesemaking also includes a vodka distillery. Can life get any better? The slow life of Birchs Bay makes it easier to mature these wheels of Primavera for 12months, waiting for the next flow of Spring milk from the farm.
How does it taste?
Grandvewe Primavera is aged for one year and has a rich and full sweet but lightly savoury flavour with a semi-hard off white paste which can vary to yellowish with different pasture derived seasonal milk expressions.
5 Reasons why you should buy this
- Grandvewe is a very small family-owned cheesemaker who needs help. They need your support to buy a wheel so they can survive but also help their sheep milk suppliers survive as well.
- Has twice as much protein as cow and goat milk
- Four times amount of vitamin C than goat milk (there's none in cow)
- Roughly 1.5 times the Vitamin B12, Calcium, Magnesium and Folate of the other two major milks
- A photo of you with your wheel will make you look 97% more attractive on Facebook. We guarantee this.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Each wheel is roughly 2.2kg. As this is a handmade product, weights will vary.
Packs are processed and posted within 7 days of ordering, unless it is a pre-order. If you would like us to delay your pack, please let us know. If there are any delays with your order, you will be sent an email to notify you.
We delivered to most of the country via refrigerated vehicles through Home Delivery Service. We no longer deliver through Australia Post due to unreliability. More details about delivery and where we deliver to can be found here.
Cost of shipping is $15 and this will be added to your order on checkout.