JUNE GLOBETROTTER PACK
- Deliveries commence in the SECOND week of the month until sold out -
"Delicious cheeses from around the world"
Our Globetrotter packs gives you a month of amazing cheese from Australia and the World. A delightful offering that includes tasting notes with food and drink pairings.
Why you should order this month’s Globetrotter Pack
Cheese that has travelled from afar to reach you, and for once not the other way around! This year treat your tastebuds to a journey overseas through the flavours in these international cheeses!
The pack includes four amazing boutique cheeses selected by our cheesemongers from around the world for you to enjoy.
SOFT - Le Marquis Chevré, Will Studd Selected | France
We are lucky that one of our mates, Will Studd, happens to also be the top cheese guru in the world. If you haven’t watched his show, Cheese Slices, check it out! Will’s wine friends wanted a cheese that was not “goaty” like many of the other soft goats cheeses that were out there. Will being Will, accepted the challenge and worked with a producer in the village of Pelussin in the Rhone Valley of south-eastern France to create a non-‘bucky’ goats milk cheese that would suit a great Sav Blanc of Pinot Noir. The ingot shaped cheese rightfully bears the now-famous Will Studd insignia.
HARD - L'Amuse Gouda, CONO Cheesemakers | Holland
As far as Gouda goes, this is considered the best there is. Each wheel is individually selected and taken to l’Amuse for ripening. During this time, the cheese develops a deep orange pate as well as the formation of lactic crystals to give it an interesting texture. Apart from hints of caramel and hazelnuts, the main flavours that stand out are butter, nuts and salt. All of this happens within its velvety texture.
STINKY - Pont L'éveque, Le Conquerant | France
The pungent aromas of this delicious washed rind cheese will assault you as you unwrap its wax paper coating – you may feel as though you are standing in a stable-yard! The rind itself has a classic deep golden colour and funky notes of hay and horses, as well as the rich buttery flavours and a touch of salt. The interior is soft and melt-in-the-mouth with a rich creaminess and hints of hazelnut. Leave out of the fridge for a couple of hours to best enjoy its creamy texture.
BLUE - Organic Hand Ladled Stilton, Cropwell Bishop Creamery | England Each season of the year changes the flavour of the milk quite substantially, resulting in the same cheese evolving through the months as the warm summers give way to the dreary winters. This Stilton has been made on the prime summer milks giving a sense of pasty white skin baking in a hot English sun. The time to be alive in the UK is summer and this cheese certainly exudes that. The creamy and salty taste has some great tang from the blue veins. The edible rind adds to the different flavours that has a big spicy aroma.
Tasting Notes and Pairing Suggestions
Each pack includes one of each cheese, accompanying tasting notes and suggested wine and food pairings. If a promoted cheese is unavailable for some reason, we will replace it with another great cheese.
* Cheeses may change without notice if they become unavailable. In this case, we will substitute with another great cheese.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
It's about what you add to it...
Add on The Grazing Box to create the ultimate cheese board with these essentials. It's got sourdough lavosh crackers, marinated baby figs, pastes and chocolate. Oh yes!
Our Perfect Paired wine packs! This monthly offering has been chosen to pair perfectly with this pack. Choose from our Perfect Pair Wine Pack or our very special Rhodium Edition.
About Cheese Club
For over four years, our Cheese Club has delivered to cheese lovers across Australia every month. You can sit, relax and enjoy a moment together (even virtually now) and explore new tastes, traditions, styles and stories. A cheese tasting is the time to reconnect and take a break to savour the moment. Our Cheese Club subscription is the perfect gift to treat yourself or someone you love!
Each month we select and send an incredible range of special international and Australian cheeses to our members - often you cannot find these cheeses in shops. Our cheese packs showcase handcrafted, creative cheeses that celebrate the very best skills in this centuries-old industry. We have often trudged miles to find cheese in a remote or rural place, for you and for the love of cheese!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Each cheese weighs approx. 150g-200g. Sometimes we will find a brilliant or rare cheese that weighs less that we just want to showcase to you.
- Globetrotter Packs are able to be ordered as a one-off purchase. You do not have to subscribe!
If you place your order during the first week of the month, please note these orders will be shipped to your door from the second week of the month. This also applies for one-off purchases.
- Every month we will deliver incredible cheeses from around the world, direct to your door. All handmade by artisan makers.
- Subscriptions are sent second week of the month. If you would like us to delay your pack, please let us know. If you join our Cheese Club later in the month, we will send when we receive your order, unless sold out - in which case, your pack will be rolled into the next month.
- Your subscription is a minimum of 3 deliveries. You can skip months or change address at any time - just let us know. Our customer service team can assist you with any enquiries you have via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We deliver to most of the country via refrigerated vehicles through Home Delivery Service. The rest of the country we deliver through Australia Post. More details about delivery and where we deliver can be found here.