Do you love cheese and crème caramel? And LOVE all creations made by artisan cheesemaker, Kris Lloyd? Then you have found the right recipe. You have just got to try this!! We are thrilled to be able to share this indulgent Goat Curd Crème Caramel recipe created by Kris Lloyd with you!
The star of this indulgent dessert is one of Kris Lloyd’s latest creations, the Woodside Goats Curd. It's a quite mild cheese with a smooth and almost fluffy texture that works perfectly with something sweet. Paired with caramel in this delicious Goat Curd Crème Caramel, it is something any cheese lover with a sweet tooth is bound to love!
Here is all the information you need to make this indulgent dessert:
For the Caramel
80g Caster Sugar
60 ml of water
For the Crème
½ tsp vanilla extract
40g caster sugar
125g Woodside cheese Goats curd
Vanilla bean ice cream
- Make the caramel by combining caster sugar and water in a saucepan, gently let the caramel work its magic over medium heat until fully dissolved and reaching the optimal colour of dark golden caramel. Then pour the caramel into four ramekins, swirling some caramel the sides of the ramekins, then let it rest
- Gently whisk your egg mixture, consisting of eggs, vanilla, and sugar
- Make your curd mixture in a saucepan, combining the Woodside Cheese Goats curd with milk and gently heat it on low to medium heat until the mixture just reaches boiling point. Put it aside and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Gently stir the curd and egg mixture together, then you can pour the mixture into a blender and let it works it magic until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins and place in a baking dish with high sides, carefully pour boiling water into the baking dish until reaching the halfway point outside the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven at 140C for around 35 minutes, they are ready when reaching a golden colouring.
- Once baked, allow the crème caramels to cool a little before placing them in the fridge to set for approximately two hours.
- Once ready, carefully run a knife around the edge of the ramekin to loosen the deliciousness, then turn it onto a plate and add any optional accompaniments.
- Well done! Go ahead and enjoy your delicious Goats Cheese Creme Caramel!
Tag us in your posts featuring your creations on Facebook and Instagram, we look forward to seeing them all! 😍
Love Kris Lloyds creations? Check out her cheese Fibonacci available in our August Therapy box 👉 https://bit.ly/AugustCheeseTherapy